Update on Closing Options including Curbside Closings
In order to be able to provide uninterrupted services, keep our employees healthy, and protect our clients, M & M Title Co. has instituted new closing protocols effective today April 13, 2020:
- Realtors, Lenders, and any person who is not a party to the transaction should not attend closing.
- Buyers and Sellers can be sent documents in advance and asked to review and sign remotely. If the buyer/seller doesn’t have the ability to receive electronically and print them we will coordinate pick-up or delivery of the documents and walk them through the documents over the phone.
- Buyers and Sellers will be asked to attend the “closing” at separate times. This is can be done through a curbside closing where the signer will be met at our office curb, or at their location with a no contact signature and identity verification process with our notary. Our team will review the documents, notarize them, and then complete the process. Specifics of each closing are being arranged to be as convenient as possible.
- At the time of the appointment, the parties will: present valid photo ID, deliver the documents, attest to/acknowledge signing before a Notary, and deliver any necessary funds (this is likely be done by wire prior to closing).
- As always, funds will be disbursed after all necessary documents, funds, and funding authorization has been obtained.
We believe that this modified process will help limit contact and protect all those individuals involved.
If the closing is to occur at our office, the closings will be required to be scheduled at either our south office located at 7925 Paragon Rd., Dayton, Ohio 45459 or our downtown office located at 300 W. Monument Ave, Dayton, OH 45402. M&M Title will work with all the parties to coordinate times directly.
It is our hope to provide as a comprehensive closing as possible. We want to make sure any and all questions from the buyer or seller are answered individually during their document review. We are committed to maintaining the health and safety of everyone in our transaction. We can’t wait to get back to traditional closings, however given the current environment, we want to help everyone keep moving forward.
Please reach out to our team for questions and help with your particular situation.